Applied Logic Engineering, Inc.
Technology Solutions for your world
USB to LANC Interface Adapter
A complete solution for interfacing a PC via a USB port to your Sony / Canon camcorder LANC port to allow full control of the camera and recorder functions from your personal computer
This all-in-one interface cable contains the necessary electronic interface between the USB port on your PC and your LANC-equipped camcorder. No other hardware or software driver is required on the PC — the adapter works via a virtual COM (serial) port that is automatically created when the cable is plugged into the PC.
· Adapter cable is 3 feet long
· Control all camera and recorder functions remotely from your PC
· Zoom, Focus, Record Start/Stop, White Balance, Snapshot, etc.
· Stop, Play, Rewind, FF, Record, etc.
· Receive data from the camera via LANC
· Tape position, time code, battery status, etc.
· Compatible with our ALE704 LANC Controller software
· Create custom software easily — no SDK or DLLs needed, just open a serial port and send simple 2-byte commands
· Can also be used manually with terminal emulation software — just type in the commands
· Compatible with Windows, Linux, and Macintosh operating systems (see below)
Note on driver compatibility
Windows Vista and Windows 7 automatically downloads the correct driver when the device is first plugged in.
If it does not automatically download, either the user doesn't have internet access when it's trying to search online for the driver in the database, or the user may have blocked automatic driver downloads in the security settings of Windows (or a third party firewall).
If this occurs, you can manually download the driver for Windows 7 here:
Run the installer and then plug the device in and it should be ready.
In addition, if you are using a different OS, you can download other optional drivers here: